We put our work on the line.
There are some things you just don’t leave to chance – lives are one of them. Despite being designed, engineered and built by some of the top experts in the field, we wouldn’t think of letting even one person set foot in one of our blast-resistant buildings without testing it first.
We don’t have to do it – in fact we’re the only blast-resistant building manufacturer to openly test and share our results – but we do because our number one priority is to save lives.
- 1250+ high-explosive ammonium nitrate/fuel oil charge
- 10 psi (25 msec in duration)
- Standoff distance of 110 ft.
- Building was constructed to our standard specifications with roof and wall panels strengthened with tube steel stiffeners
- Interior equipped with a desk, computer and dummy to simulate a real work environment
The building survived with no structural damage and shifted less than two inches.